The new year is coming soon - have you thought about goals for the coming year? I know several people who don't like new year's resolutions, preferring instead to constantly update their goals. I think that's great too. But I like the way the new year feels like a clean slate. The year 2008 has never happened before. So no matter what I did in 2007, the year 2008 is wide open for me.
So I set goals every year. I usually focus on five areas:
- Spiritual - For some this may mean volunteering, getting in tune with nature, or building a relationship with God.
- Physical - Health and fitness are always important, and I have to renew efforts in this area or I lose focus.
- Intellectual - I like to find a way to learn something new each year.
- Social/Relationships - I'm always looking to improve my relationship with my husband, other family members, and friends.
- Financial/Career - It's important to me to improve my finances as well as set career goals.
- Spiritual - I would like to spend time each day in prayer and meditation.
- Physical - I want to be able to say that I am physically fit. I want to work up to exercising 5 days a week. And I don't want to eat greasy food anymore.
- Intellectual - I'd like to take a writing class this coming year.
- Social/Relationships- I would like to make sure to date my husband weekly, and set up a time each day for sharing thoughts with each other.
- Financial/Career - Financially I'd like to finally remove credit card debt from my life. Career-wise, I'd like to triple my freelance writing income (It's possible - I'm fairly new to the business, so my salary isn't what I'd like it to be yet), and also get an article published in a top magazine.
I may not post again before the new year, and if not, have a wonderful holiday season. And happy new year! See you in 2008.