Ask for help when you need it

I am impressed by the article ideas suggested by my readers in response to this post. I appreciate the readers who responded, and I now have a lot of interesting ideas to think about. In the next few days I'll be writing posts that discuss the topics and questions you proposed, so watch for those. (And feel free to add more ideas here!)

And now I must point out the obvious (but hard to put into practice) lesson from this: Asking for help is a good thing. We're cultured to believe that asking for help is a sign of weakness or shows that we can't do something on our own. Well, guess what? Sometimes we can't do it on our own. And often when you seek the help of others, something dynamic and wonderful is created that couldn't come about otherwise.

I'm a firm believer in the adage 'When the student is ready, the teacher will appear.' If we ask for help when we need it, I think it ushers in an atmosphere of openness and facilitates learning. We can all learn from each other! And sometimes it's as simple as asking for help.

0 comments: