Review - Walk Away the Pounds DVD

Ever since I heard of the Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds series, I was curious. How do you watch a DVD and walk at the same time - do you walk on a treadmill? Do you watch the DVD and then go walking outside?! So when I saw one of her DVDs at the library, I had to check it out. The workout I got was called Power Mile.

I was impressed. No, you don't need a treadmill. You walk in place and do several other simple moves. This workout lasts a total of 20 minutes, so it's a good one for when you don't have a lot of time but still want to exercise. (Or for those like me who are out of shape and just beginning!) Here's the rundown:

Pros
It's easy to follow - the moves are very simple
You don't need tons of equipment - just shoes and optional weights
The workout is pretty low-impact
The workout takes only 20 minutes and wasn't overly strenuous

Cons
The workout is simple but could easily get boring
If you're an advanced walker, the workout may not be challenging enough
It's only 20 minutes long - I like that fact but many people like longer workouts.

Overall, I liked Walk Away the Pounds, and will probably purchase one or two of her workouts at some point. I would recommend this DVD to anyone looking to get in shape, especially if you live where it's unbearably hot in the summer or cold in the winter and can't go walking outside.

Has anyone else tried these workouts? What's your opinion?

2 comments:

Mrs Andy said...

Thanks for posting this Holls...I've been wondering what I was going to do in the really cold parts of the winter. I can't go out in the really cold air because of my tendency to develop bronchitis/pneumonia.

Holli Jo said...

I'm glad this helped you. I've always been so curious about her workouts! And living in Arizona and Georgia, I need some workouts for the summer months when I can't go out.

If you buy one, let me know what you think!