I'm back and ready for action!

Posts have been scarce during my two-week vacation for Christmas. But I got back today and am ready to do great things in 2008! It's really hard to work on goals when you're at someone else's house living out of a suitcase, so I'm glad to be back in my own house so I can get started with my plans.

I already mentioned many of my goals in my previous post, but I came up with another one that is really key to achieving all the rest - ORGANIZATION! I want to organize my life in such a way that I make time for the important things.

That means staying on top of cleaning, cooking, laundry, etc. (the stuff I don't currently enjoy doing). It also means setting a work schedule and sticking to it (I work from home, so I've been known to work until midnight before. But not anymore!) It also means that I have to stop procrastinating projects and tasks I need to accomplish.

2008 is the year that I get organized and just do it!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh...yes, I love your goals and I have some of the same ones. When are you going to post on them? You are probably really busy these days, but I hope you keep writing posts for this blog!

Binne77 said...

I hope you don't mind me taking a peek Holli. :-) As far as goals...yours are breathtaking to me. (In a good way...I just can't seem to plan like that anymore.)

Currently mine goals are walking 5 days a week for at least 40 minutes...attending my weekly WW meetings and organizing all of my laundry. With children it can get out of hand. I need to get through it all. I am very, very hardcore.

:-)

Binne77 said...

currently MY goals...I really should proofread before posting. :\

therapydoc said...

sure :)

Holli Jo said...

Erin (stump home):

Hi! Welcome to my blog. Sorry it's taken me so long to respond to your comments. I totally don't mind you reading my blog - I'm glad you do. :)

Your goals are awesome. Keep up the good work with walking and WW!

Holli Jo said...

Cassidy:

Thanks for your kind comment. I am busy, but I'm going to get back into writing posts for this blog! Stay tuned...

ALYN said...

The FlyLady theme for this year is "do it now. Don't wait. Get things done in 2008". Yes, I get all the FlyLady emails, and filter them into a folder. They help me with having a positive attitude, and not getting overwhelmed by the house falling apart around me. Other cheesy FlyLady slogans that help me: "Housework done incorrectly still blesses your family" "I can do anything for 15 minutes" "Progress not Perfection" Sometimes I tell myself:"just 5 minutes" And amazingly even 5 minutes can make a difference in the house and in my attitude. I can't function without a timer.

Holli Jo said...

Alyn -

Despite hating the irritating look of FlyLady's website, I do love her methods. I haven't been practicing lately, though, so your post is a good reminder.

15 or even 5 minutes really DO make a difference. And it's not much time to invest - I sometimes wonder why I procrastinate housework that will really only take 15 minutes!